Elocution is speaking in a polished and professional way. Accent Reduction is when you reduce your current accent (Collard, African, Afrikaans, European, etc.) so that you can sound more neutral English like what you hear in South Africa. The course makes you aware of the sound system (or phonology) of a language or dialect: which include identifying problems in the person’s current speech from the desired accent (such as pronunciation, speech patterns, and speech habits), changing the way one uses the mouth, teeth, and tongue to form vowel and consonant sounds, modifying one’s intonation and stress patterns, and changing one’s rhythm. Using this method, individuals trying to help their communication; will learn how to alter their speech to more closely resemble the accent of neutral English commonly used in SA and abroad, thus enhancing the clarity of their communication within the workplace.
- How to develop your voice using posture, relaxation + breathing;
- Neutralizing any accent – resonance, pitch + tone;
- Eliminating any/all speech faults – stuttering, mumbling;
- Birth defects such as cleft palate/ cleft lip;
- Strengthening weak oral muscles;
- Reducing any accent: Collard, Xhosa, Zulu, Sotho, Zimbabwean, Afrikaans, French; English (England), American etc.;
- Communication skills in a private, public and corporate setting;
- Public Speaking and confidence building;
- Maximizing your vocal capacity giving you versatility and dynamics when speaking;
- You will have better diction and clarity – articulation and enunciation;
- Switch board, private and public sector and corporate sector, answering (phones), Front of house sales, etc;
- You will learn how to gain confidence in speech within your working environment – verbal dynamics;
- SWOT analysis;
- Understanding your strengths and weaknesses and developing positive affirmations;
Overcoming all threats (fear, failure, criticisms etc.).
R2900 upfront. OR
Payment options on
Traveling as per AA rate (R2.09 per kilometer x 2) will be charged if needed to travel to you.
Discounts available on block booking.
5 or more gets a 10% discount.
10 or more gets a 20% discount.
13 weeks at 1hr per week OR 7 weeks at 2 hrs per week
Manual, 13 hrs of tuition, certificate and maintenance programme.
Tel: 084 625 4104