The organizers of DISCOP Zanzibar (11-13 July) announced today the preliminary backbone of their NEXT GEN knowledge-transfer and development program to run parallel to the 3-day market.
DISCOP Zanzibar will take place at the brand new and 100% green VERDE HOTEL, champion of sustainable development and located 2KM from Stone Town (the main city). Zanzibar is one of the greatest cultural crossroads, where Africa meets Arabia meets the Indian ocean.
The NEXT GEN program will feature a potent trio of tracks aimed at delegates attending both the Zanzibar International Film Festival, Africa’s largest and most respected film festival, and DISCOP Zanzibar as both events will take place at the same time.
DISCOPRO | Organized in partnership with Screen Africa, this track will focus on international distribution opportunities for entertainment content produced in Africa. Some of the industry’s biggest buyers of content produced in Africa, from broadcasters and VOD platforms to aggregators and theatrical distributors will share their insight
DISCORE | Organized in partnership with ONGEA Africa, East Africa’s largest music conference, this track will focus on the production of original music to accompany film, television, and online entertainment content in a world under the influence of multiple cultural backgrounds. This track will also see international experts including music supervisors, publishers, content producers and others sharing their insights specifically for the East African market.
DISCOMICS | Organized in partnership with the African Animation Network, this track will focus on the ubiquity of animated content, the staying power of comic books, the evolution of video games, and the surging popularity of eSports across all platforms and screens.
Driven by the tastes, expectations and usage patterns of an extremely young demographic, Eastern Africa is booming and has not just become a desired location for international productions, but is also now the hub of a booming film, television and online content production, adaptation and distribution industry.
500+ delegates from 50 countries representing 300+ companies will attend DISCOP Zanzibar, including 150+ film, television, online content and adaptation right buyers representing 100+ broadcasters, satellite, cable, online pay-tv platforms, mobile operators, airlines and territorial sub-distributors operating in Eastern Africa. The 3-day market will primarily facilitate business, with and across, Eastern Africa’s eight major countries Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Rwanda, Somalia, Tanzania and Uganda.
The inaugural edition of DISCOP Zanzibar will also feature two special additions to its program:
- Open to the public, the ZANZIBAR TV SERIES FESTIVAL presented by The Africa Channel will screen for three days some of the best TV Series from across Africa and beyond.
- Sponsored by the pan-Africa LADIMA Foundation who works to create and promote opportunities for women in the industry, the WOMEN OF INFLUENCE EVENING CONVERSATION will bring together the most creative, iconic and culturally relevant women in Africa’s entertainment and media industry.
Celebrating the sustained and growing presence of Ethiopian companies on the international scene, Ethiopia will be named as DISCOP Zanzibar 2018 Guest Country. This nomination will help the nascent Ethiopian film, television, digital content production and distribution sectors build stronger connections with key industry executives driving Africa’s multiplatform entertainment content production and distribution industries.
To attend DISCOP Zanzibar 2018, you can choose to participate as:
- A non-exhibiting delegate and register online as a SELLER | BUYER | PRODUCER | INFLUENCER with a 50% discount until 11 May – and use EB11MAY as promo code
- An exhibiting delegate and book a MEETING TABLE priced at $1,000. This cost includes one SELLERS Market Badge
All delegates will be provided with the following benefits:
- Access to our online and personalized « Meetings on Demand » services before and during the market;
- Access to our « Online Content Catalogue » to list and source programs presented at the market;
- Invitations to all social events;
- Access to discounted hotel accommodations.