The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, led by its Future of Film Committee, will present “Oscars® Spotlight: Documentary Feature Shortlist,” a new program showcasing the 15 shortlisted documentary feature films in contention for the 91st Oscars. The films will screen theatrically in 13 cities nationwide starting December 31, 2018 through January 21, 2019. Participating theaters include AMC Theatres, Alamo Drafthouse Cinema and Laemmle Theatres.
“The Academy is thrilled to be collaborating with exhibitors and distributors to shine a light on the best documentaries of the year,” said Albert Berger, Academy governor and chair of the Future of Film Committee. “We want to encourage moviegoing and engage audiences across the country in our process as we move through the shortlists, nominations and towards the Oscars.”
Theaters and showtimes are subject to change; check your local listings in the following cities:
- Austin Alamo Drafthouse Mueller
- Boston AMC Loews Boston Common 19
- Chicago Music Box Theatre
- Dallas/Fort Worth Alamo Drafthouse Lake Highlands
- Denver Alamo Drafthouse Sloans Lake
- Los Angeles Area AMC Sunset 5, Laemmle Monica Film Center, Laemmle Playhouse 7 (Pasadena)
- New York IFC Center, Alamo Drafthouse Downtown Brooklyn
- Phoenix Area Harkins Shea 14
- Raleigh Alamo Drafthouse Raleigh
- San Francisco Area Alamo Drafthouse New Mission, Christopher B. Smith Rafael Film Center
- Santa Barbara Santa Barbara International Film Festival Riviera Theatre
- Seattle AMC Pacific Place 11
- Washington, D.C. Warner Bros. Theater at the Smithsonian’s National Museum of American History
Nominations for the 91st Academy Awards will be announced on Tuesday, January 22, 2019.
The 91st Oscars will be held on Sunday, February 24, 2019, at the Dolby Theatre® at Hollywood & Highland Center® in Hollywood, and will be televised live on the ABC Television Network. The Oscars also will be televised live in more than 225 countries and territories worldwide.