Get ready for Survivor Week on M-Net!
The sixth season of Survivor South Africa kicks off on Thursday, 3 May and to celebrate, M-Net channel 101 is turning this week into Survivor Week!
Starting in prime time tonight (Monday 30 April), M-Net will premiere nine of the 18 castaways’ profiles on air. Viewers will finally get to see what motivated these ordinary South Africans to enter the “greatest game on Earth”, and also why they think they can take home the title of Sole Survivor. On Tuesday 1 May, the remaining nine contestant profiles will be debuted in prime time on the channel so that by the time the first episode of Survivor South Africa: Philippines premieres on Thursday, 3 May at 19:00, fans will already be familiar with their new Survivor players.
In the sixth proudly South African instalment of this globally popular series, things will be done a little differently as M-Net continues to make strides to bring its viewers riveting, top-quality content. Thursday’s premiere episode of Survivor SA: Philippines will be a special 90 minute broadcast from 19:00 – 20:30, packed full of gruelling challenges, explosive social dynamics and, of course, the first elimination at Tribal Council. For the first time in Survivor SA history, the castaways will also have to Outwit, Outplay and Outlast their fellow contestants for a whopping 39 days, instead of the usual 27 day period.
But things aren’t only a little different on screen. For the first time ever, M-Net has created a Virtual Reality experience for fans of the show. By simply logging on to www.mnet.tv.survivorsa viewers can click through to a full 360 degree experience of the Survivor SA islands, living areas as well as each challenge site as the weeks progress. Fans can now see and experience the surroundings of the exotic Philippines exactly as the Survivor contestants did, and stumble upon some clues along the way that could put them in line to win some great prizes while doing so! The Virtual Reality experience will go live during the premiere episode of the show.
Make sure that you don’t miss tonight’s first instalment of Survivor Week during prime time, where you can get to know the following castaways:
- Ace (28), a graphic designer from Johannesburg;
- Neil (55), an HR executive from Johannesburg;
- Annalize (44), a caterer from Cape Town;
- Josie (28), a travel writer from Cape Town;
- Katinka (19), a social media influencer from Mossel Bay;
- Marthunis (29), an investment advisor from Durban;
- Chané (28), an admin clerk from Bloemfontein;
- Jeanne (34), a radio producer from Cape Town;
- Murishca (34), a marketing manager from Cape Town.
Tomorrow, tune in during prime time to meet:
- Palesa (28), a radio host from Johannesburg;
- Stacey-Lee (27), a business analyst from Cape Town;
- Tevin (24), a medical doctor from Durban;
- Werner (34), a pastor from Secunda;
- Tom (41), an adventure camp manager from Port Elizabeth;
- PK (28), a mining technician from Centurion;
- Seamus (25), a property broker from Durban;
- Toni (38), a content developer from Johannesburg;
- Vusi (35), a logistics manager from Johannesburg.
Ending off Survivor Week on Sunday, 6 May will be the first episode of M-Net’s brand new wildlife series The Wild Ones. The premiere episode, at 15:00, will be a once-off special focusing on all the exotic, weird and dangerous inhabitants of the islands surrounding El Nido in the Palawan province of the Philippines – the same location where this season of Survivor SA was filmed earlier this year. Viewers can expect a tantalising glimpse into the types of creepy crawlies that the South African castaways would have been on high alert for during the show.
Anyone who may miss the first episode of Survivor SA on Thursday, 3 May, can catch the repeat straight after The Wild Ones at 16:00 on Sunday, 6 May.