Blender 4.0 is the first step towards a new iteration of Blender, and delivers a number of new feature and workflow improvements across all areas.
To highlight a few:
- New Principled BSDF shader
- AgX view transform for improved color handling
- Light linking in Cycles
- Node Tools, powered by Geometry Nodes
- Repeat zones in Geometry Nodes
- New Snap Base for improved placement and transform workflows
- “Type to search” and various UI improvements, including a new default font
- New animation curve editing operators
- Bone collections
- and so, so much more
The Human Base Meshes bundle got an update with new models and improved topology.
Explore the release notes for an in-depth look at what’s new.